Re: Building Weight Ratios

>I am trying to research material costs for large buildings, 30 stories and
>over.  Does anyone have or know where I can find information on weight
>ratios for concrete and steel in buildings of this type.  I need values in
>terms of pounds (or kg) per gross buildable area.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dennis McCroskey,
>SE&A
>

>Check with the reinforcing steel suppliers. With the number to tons they
supplied, and a rough idea of the building area, it is easy to calculate.
Many suppliers in Floirda keep historical records and calculate the ratios
them selves.

John Pepper
The Pepper Engineering Group, Inc.
20895 East Dixie Highway
Aventura, FL 33180

<A HREF="mailto:pepper(--nospam--at)netrunner.net">