Re: QUERY: How do you determine fpy?

You Said:

> In article <Chameleon.960105165135.nmends(--nospam--at)nmends.lewis.mt.net>, you wrote:
> >fpu is a quantity that you would need to get from the 'as-built' drawings or specifications for the
> >structure.  It's a characteristic of the steel used in the prestressing.
>
> Yes, I've got the fpu value.  It's fpy that I am confused about!

Oops!  Danged fingers are always slipping:-)  FWIW, AASHTO gives the following
factors to multiply the  ultimate strength of the prestressing steel by to get
the yield strength of the prestressing steel:

for low-relaxation strand or wire:	0.90
for stress-relieved wire or strand:	0.85
for Type I (smooth) high-strength bar:	0.85
for Type II (deformed) high-strength bar:	0.80

Nigel