Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Various[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Various
- From: yaheymoo(--nospam--at)scn.org (Greg Varney)
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 20:10:56 -0800
The affirmative action thread: To the question of being affected by affirmative action I must say yes. My firm has been excluded from projects because we are not a minority or a women owned firm. What bothers me is when an average white guy, who has a Portuguese family, can get listed as a MBE firm. (Actually, what galls me even more is that I cannot get on his team :) ) The 'Bust' thread: I agree with the comment that the purpose of the laws is to protect the public. John Q Public does not know what he is buying and must rely on the regulators to govern the supply of services. The example of the brain surgeon providing a rectal exam is humorous and harmless until there is a problem with the services. Then the law comes into play and the brain surgeon is punished for practicing outside of his expertise. (Although on some people...
- Prev by Subject: Re: Terraced buildings
- Next by Subject: Welded Steel Beam to Column "Ductile " Moment Connections
- Previous by thread: Taxpayer's Savings Act
- Next by thread: Sandwich Panels