Various

The affirmative action thread:
To the question of being affected by affirmative action I must say yes.
My firm has been excluded from projects because we are not a minority or
a women owned firm.
What bothers me is when an average white guy, who has a Portuguese
family, can get listed as a MBE firm.  (Actually, what galls me even more
is that I cannot get on his team :) )

The 'Bust' thread:
I agree with the comment that the purpose of the laws is to protect the
public.  John Q Public does not know what he is buying and must rely on
the regulators to govern the supply of services.   The example of the
brain surgeon providing a rectal exam is humorous and harmless until
there is a problem with the services.  Then the law comes into play and
the brain surgeon is punished for practicing outside of his expertise.
(Although on some people...