stressed skin panels

Ed, we've used these panels for both roof and wall enclosures. We specify
AFM R-control panels which have an ICBO report. Instead of using spikes or
lag screws for shear transfer, we use either plywood, OSB or even 2x splines
with edge fastenings consistent with UBC.  Also, these panels can be
fabricated with 2x within the core as needed depending on loads (snow, etc)
or in some cases 2x @ 24"oc thereby conforming to code shear wall
tables(these get to be pricey). Let me know if you need additional
information and I would be glad to help, Mike