RE: [SEAOC] Re: Ethical Responsibility and the Engineering License

Dennis,

First of all check if the engineer of record's company is still in
business. If that is the case, share your findings with them. If you can't
find anyone, then share your findings with the owner. In all cases, do not
keep it to yourself. You will then be responsible for someone's mistake.
One other note, make all you communication in writing. That way it stays in
file and can become an important piece of evidence should there be a
problem.

Shafat