[SEAOC] Re: SEAOC On-Line online

Bring codes and commentaries on line is paramount to having an On-Line technical library. SEA does not profit from storing the material in the same way that a public library does not profit from the loan of a book.
The published information is for the public record and since all building requirements demand a standard published by ICBO, the public should not be forced to purchase the book to obtain this information.
It is nice to own the book if you need to reference it on a daily basis - and this is where ICBO has and always will profit. Since I would not like to spend my hours searching an On-line service for routine code material, I would only be likely to go on-line to learn more about what I need a better understanding.
This includes obtaining information I might need for a design that I do infrequently.

I believe that the information should be made available on-line.

Dennis Wish PE