Re: [SEAOC] Question to Engineers

All codes should be sold through and available from outlets nominated
from authorities only.  To put the codes on the web, where every one
can download it for free, dimminishes their authoritative
role. In fact, in Australia, it is an offence against law to even
photocopy any thing from the code(not that it is not being done).

I think to preserve the authenticity and the authority of the codes
they ought not to be put on the web. I do not know much about the
blue book.

> From:          Shafat Qazi <seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
> To:            "'seaoc'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
> Subject:       [SEAOC] Question to Engineers
> Date:          Tue, 30 Jan 1996 22:07:40 -0800

> Do you believe that all the building codes and guidelines (including SEAOC
> Blue Book) should be available on Internet Web. Also, do you think it would
> effect the sales of such documents?
>
> This is not a survey. Just want see how you feel about it.
>
> Shafat

Raghu Pendyala
Civil Engineeing
The University of Melbourne
Home page:
http://aqua.civag.unimelb.edu.au/~pendyala
email: pendyala(--nospam--at)civag.unimelb.edu.au