Re: [SEAOC] Question to Engineers

It would be a great service to provide the codes & Blue Book on the net, but I
do think that it would reduce publication sales.  While I would still buy the
UBC because of its regular use, I might just look up reference documents such
as the Blue Book on the net rather than buying it.  I think U.S. sales would
especially go down, however international sales might go up, due to greater
exposure to the documents.

As others have suggested, it depends on whether the goal is to sell
publications or provide a service.  But providing a service costs money.