Re: [SEAOC] RE: Affirmative Action

>I wonder how many subscribers to this list are in the groups that AA is
>intended to assist. Have we had any comment from minority engineers on this
>issue? If not, why not? Maybe because there are not a whole lot of them
>out there? What percentage of structural engineers are minorities, versus their
>percentage of the population? How did these ratios change after the
>introduction
>of AA?
>
>Maura Gatensby

The problem can be summed up by Ms. Gatensby's words: percentage of ________
versus their percentage of the population? Well, what percent of the
population are structural engineers? .00001? At what point do you stop
worrying about equal outcomes, the natural by-product of liberal social
engineering? If this is not stopped, the government will mandate who can
study what, and where they will be "assigned". This is what Emelda Rodham
tried to do with her healthcare "reform".

>*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers Association of
California