Re: [SEAOC] RE: Affirmative Action

>The problem can be summed up by Ms. Gatensby's words: percentage of ________
>versus their percentage of the population? Well, what percent of the
>population are structural engineers?

You want to be careful about this logic. Murderers comprise very small
percentage of the population,  but we single _them_ for special treatment,
simply because the law applies to everyone equally, regardless of how few
offenders there are.

>If this is not stopped, the government will mandate who can
>study what, and where they will be "assigned".
Now there's a logical stretch. Like suggesting that prosecuting drunk
drivers leads to an eventual ban on beer.

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com        | this dist--"   (last words of Gen.
Voice phone (612)933-6182  | John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)