Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: [SEAOC] RE: Affirmative Action[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: [SEAOC] RE: Affirmative Action
- From: chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com (Christopher Wright)
- Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 22:01:02 -0600
>The problem can be summed up by Ms. Gatensby's words: percentage of ________ >versus their percentage of the population? Well, what percent of the >population are structural engineers? You want to be careful about this logic. Murderers comprise very small percentage of the population, but we single _them_ for special treatment, simply because the law applies to everyone equally, regardless of how few offenders there are. >If this is not stopped, the government will mandate who can >study what, and where they will be "assigned". Now there's a logical stretch. Like suggesting that prosecuting drunk drivers leads to an eventual ban on beer. Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this dist--" (last words of Gen. Voice phone (612)933-6182 | John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864) ...
- Prev by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] RE: Affirmative Action
- Next by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] RE: Affirmative Action
- Previous by thread: Re: [SEAOC] RE: Affirmative Action
- Next by thread: Re: [SEAOC] RE: Affirmative Action