Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] seeking knowledge about precast gypsum or pour-in-place gypsum roof system[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] seeking knowledge about precast gypsum or pour-in-place gypsum roof system
- From: EDLStruct(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 01:07:19 -0500
I have a 8" cmu bldg. It's dimensions are 112' x 70' x 14.5' high. There are steel girders 40" deep across the short direction on the pilasters @ 18' o.c.. There are 12" deep steel joists @ 48" o.c. supported by the steel deep girders. For roof construction, there seem to be small upside down steel Tee's @ 36" o.c. sitting on the steel joists. There are light brown shiny paper sitting in between the Tee's. On top of the paper is gypsum MAY BE about 2.5" thick. I don't know whether it is poured in place or prefabbed. There MAY BE a solid insulation board about 2" thick on top of the gypsum. The roofing skin is 3 or 5 ply roofing with small gravels. It was built around 1960. It probably was built by the Airforce. It was well built. But there is no drawings. There is a poured in place concrete bond beam at the roof level all around the building. my questions are; 1 Can anyone who are familia with this type of roof construction tell me more in detail? I can not break the roof to investigate. 2 I would like to find out how it act as a diaphragm from the detail answer of the question #1. Thank you for your help. Ed Latthitham S.E. Ventura, CA ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] SEAOSC Ventura meeting 4-10-96
- Next by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] seeking knowledge about precast gypsum or pour-in-place gypsum roof system
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Test, 6:17pm
- Next by thread: Re: [SEAOC] seeking knowledge about precast gypsum or pour-in-place gypsum roof system