Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 09:58:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike Mehrain <LAXMM(--nospam--at)dames.com>
Subject: [SEAOC] Gypsum Roof
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Sender: owner-seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org

Gypsum roof diaphragms as seismic resisting elements were originally tested
by Clarkson Pinkham of S.B. Barnes & Associates some 30 years ago.  These
tests resulted in code values for strength an stiffness.

We performed several cyclic tests on 6' square specimens followed by detailed
non-linear stiffness degrading dynamic analysis to provide seismic upgrade
design criteria for gypsum roofs.

The test results are reported in his paper published in the Proceedings of
the Tenth World Conference in Earthquake Engineering, 1992.  I think this
paper will be of help to you.

Mike Mehrain
Dames & Moore
213-683-1560 x 504
******* ******* ******* *******
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers Association of
California
*   (SEAOC) email server. To subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
*   seaoc-request(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the message type subscribe.
*   To Unsubscribe, send email to seaoc-request(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the
*   message type Unsubscribe. You can type anything you like in the subject
field.
*   For questions, send email to seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org.
*   Make sure you visit our web site at:
*   http://www.seaoc.org/seaoc

--- end forwarded text

---

Claes Magnusson,

MacMeckarna AB, Master Johansgatan 15, S-211 21 Malmo, SWEDEN
Tel +46 40-356 100, Direct +46 40-356 161, Fax +46 40-974 880
Mobile Telephone +46 708 13 22 40 Mobile Fax +46 708 13 22 41
claes.magnusson(--nospam--at)macmeckarna.com  //www.mm.se/claes.magnusson/

You can send email directly to my mobile phone! Put your text
in the subject field (only) and mail to t0708132240(--nospam--at)gsm.mm.se