Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 19:54:56 -0800
From: Dennis Wish <wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com>
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: Re: [SEAOC] Computer Applications
Sender: owner-seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org

Marlou B. Rodriguez wrote:

>         Here at California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo,
> we use Macintosh based Structural Engineering software such as Multiframe,
> Msc/Pal,etc...  We are currently considering upgrading our software and
> computer applications to assist our Architectural Engineering students to be
> more prepared when they graduate.
>         I would like to get some input from some of the practicing engineers
> what kind of structural engineering software we should look at in order to
> prepare our students for the future.
>
> Thank you for any response.

First, I would suggest that you change to a DOS based system (Power Mac
or Window's Compatible). The majority of software available for
structural engineering applications is written for the IBM format.
All survey's that I have seen done (including the one we did for SEAOSC
Computer Applications Committee) indicated that less then 10% of
professional offices uses systems other than IBM compatible.

Once you move in that direction, I would be happy to direct your to
appropriate software.

Dennis Wish PE
******* ******* ******* *******
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers Association of
California
*   (SEAOC) email server. To subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
*   seaoc-request(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the message type subscribe.
*   To Unsubscribe, send email to seaoc-request(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the
*   message type Unsubscribe. You can type anything you like in the subject
field.
*   For questions, send email to seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org.
*   Make sure you visit our web site at:
*   http://www.seaoc.org/seaoc

--- end forwarded text

---

Claes Magnusson,

MacMeckarna AB, Master Johansgatan 15, S-211 21 Malmo, SWEDEN
Tel +46 40-356 100, Direct +46 40-356 161, Fax +46 40-974 880
Mobile Telephone +46 708 13 22 40 Mobile Fax +46 708 13 22 41
claes.magnusson(--nospam--at)macmeckarna.com  //www.mm.se/claes.magnusson/

You can send email directly to my mobile phone! Put your text
in the subject field (only) and mail to t0708132240(--nospam--at)gsm.mm.se