From: ghassem.khosrownia(--nospam--at)internet.nps.usace.army.mil
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 96 08:53:16 PST
To: 71736.1034(--nospam--at)compuserve.com, seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: Re[2]: [SEAOC] Q: thermal effects on industrial buildings?
Sender: owner-seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org

     Michael,

     Thanks for your response.

     Thermal changes on steel structure could impose additional stresses
     that may need to be included with dead and or live loads. For usual
     structures that are well insulated and no large openings exist, this
     may not be a problem. But for industrial type structures such as
     hangars with 3 dimensional space frames and large opening it may need
     to be considered. The question is: is there any known criteria on what
     to use as delta T in design, and is there anyone out there who has
     traveled down this road.

     Thanks, Ghassem.

Author:  Michael Donoghue <71736.1034(--nospam--at)compuserve.com> at Internet
Date:    2/9/96 9:53 AM

<<... and the source on design criteria?>>

Ghassem,

What do you mean?

CMD

******* ******* ******* *******
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers Association of
California
*   (SEAOC) email server. To subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
*   seaoc-request(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the message type subscribe.
*   To Unsubscribe, send email to seaoc-request(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the
*   message type Unsubscribe. You can type anything you like in the subject
field.
*   For questions, send email to seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org.
*   Make sure you visit our web site at:
*   http://www.seaoc.org/seaoc

--- end forwarded text

---

Claes Magnusson,

MacMeckarna AB, Master Johansgatan 15, S-211 21 Malmo, SWEDEN
Tel +46 40-356 100, Direct +46 40-356 161, Fax +46 40-974 880
Mobile Telephone +46 708 13 22 40 Mobile Fax +46 708 13 22 41
claes.magnusson(--nospam--at)macmeckarna.com  //www.mm.se/claes.magnusson/

You can send email directly to my mobile phone! Put your text
in the subject field (only) and mail to t0708132240(--nospam--at)gsm.mm.se