Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Wind load per ASCE 7[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Wind load per ASCE 7
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 12:45:46 +0500
>Lets drop the Affirmative Action, Civil Engineers becoming SE and get onto more >essential Structural Engineering discussions. OK, here's a technical question (I sent it once before but either it got lost or no one replied): Is anyone familiar with application of ASCE wind load provisions? It is not clear how to apply the provisions to an unenclosed structure with a gable roof. I have a roof-only structure (no walls - completely open), which by ASCE 7 definitions falls into the category of "Other structures" (as defined for an unenclosed building). The Table on Design Wind Pressures refers to Tables 11-16 for the coefficient Cf - but the closest the tables come to my structure is "Monoslope Roofs over Unenclosed Buildings", but my roof is not monoslope. What coefficients apply to an open gable roof structure? Also, my roof overhangs the column supports - does the additional coefficient for roof overhangs apply to an open structure? (If there is no wall there, how does the wind know its an overhang?) ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Where did " Structural Engineer " come from ?
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Windsor Probe tests
- Previous by thread: Re: RCPT: Re: [SEAOC] Confirmation of Reading......
- Next by thread: [no subject]