Re: [SEAOC] MASONRY GROUT

Hello Jeff,
fly-ash does not has a big effect on the compressive strength, but it has a
big effect on the following factors : time needed for hardening, porosity of
the hardened grout, heat during the hardening.

(1)The time needed for hardening is longer (compared with a grout with a
same compressive strength).
(2)Porosity is (much) lower(==> the capillary effect is lower).
(3)Heat rejected during hardening is also lower.
Fly-ash is very often used in concrete because of effect (2) and (3).

If you want info, I could send it to you.
The only problem is that it is written in Dutch (if you understand, just
email me your adress and I will send this info).

Marc.