Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Hillside Stilt Homes[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] Hillside Stilt Homes
- From: EQretroDR(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 12:25:58 -0500
I'm reposting this after reconstructing the first portion of the original post which was lost somewhere in the process..Sorry if you received the whole thing before. Hillside stilt homes, which I define as single family residences supported on cassions and gradebeams with steel columns and "x" bracing, are typically inadequately braced per todays standards in several areas. Is anyone aware of any studies by committee or goverment agencies, ie: bldg departments, on these types of structures and/or any movement in the direction of addressing these types of structures? Steve Privett EQretroDR(--nospam--at)aol.com ...
- Prev by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] High prices for codes and standards on CD-ROM
- Next by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] Hillside Stilt Homes
- Previous by thread: Re: [SEAOC] Steel moment frames for California school buildings
- Next by thread: Re: [SEAOC] Hillside Stilt Homes