[SEAOC] Hillside Stilt Homes

I'm reposting this after reconstructing the first portion of the original
post which was lost somewhere in the process..Sorry if you received the whole
thing before.

Hillside stilt homes, which I define as single family residences supported on
cassions and gradebeams with steel columns and
"x" bracing, are typically inadequately braced per todays standards in
several areas.  Is anyone aware of any studies by committee or goverment
agencies, ie: bldg departments, on these types of structures and/or any
movement in the direction of addressing these types of structures?

Steve Privett
EQretroDR(--nospam--at)aol.com