Re: [SEAOC] MASONRY GROUT

David,

Here are some uses for fly ash other than the one you gave:
1.      Used in high mass concrete to reduce the heat of hydration
2.      Reduces bleeding of concrete
3.      Improves workability
4.      Reacts with alkalines before they destroy the aggregate

I hope this is some help to you.

Chris Towne
ctowne(--nospam--at)vt.edu

>*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers Association of
California