Re: [SEAOC] RE: Cost of building codes

Bob Shilling wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Dr. Leroy Z. Emkin (CASE Center/GTSTRUDL) wrote:
>
> > URGENT
> >
> > On those occasions wher I am traveling and cannot receive my E-Mail, I would
> > like to put a hold on all E-Mail from the SEAOC list server.
> >
> > How can I place such a hold on the SEAOC E-Mail?
> >
> > Also, how can I subsequently release the hold?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following information is available on
http://www.earn.net/gnrt/listserv.html#set which can be reviewed on how
a listserver works.
I hope this helps......
Dennis Wish PE
Use the SET command to change your personal options for a mailing list.
The list-name parameter is the name of the mailing list for which
you are changing your options. You may change your options for a
specific list or for all the lists you belong to at a particular
LISTSERV by
using the "*" (asterisk) character in place of a list name. The
important options are:

Mail | DIGests | INDex | NOMail
     These options alter the way in which you receive mail from a
mailing list. The Mail option is the default, and means that you wish to
     have list mail distributed to you as mail. The DIGests and INDex
options are available only if a list has had these features enabled by
     its owner(s). Digests hold all the mail messages sent to a list
over a certain period of time. The INDex option will provide you with
     only the date, time, subject, number of lines and the sender's name
and address for all mail messages sent to a list. The text of the
     mail message will not be included. You may then select and retrieve
any mail that interests you from the list archive. The NOMail
     option means that you will no longer receive mail sent to the list.
SHORThdr | FULLhdr | IETFhdr | DUALhdr
     These options indicate the type of mail headers you want to include
in the mail from a mailing list. SHORThdr means that only the
     essential mail headers will be included. This is the default. You
may change this to FULLhdr, which means that all mail headers will
     be included. The IETFhdr option means that LISTSERV will not change
the headers of a mail message it distributes, and is designed
     specifically for compatibility with SMTP exploders. Lastly, DUALhdr
is very similar to the SHORThdr option except that
     LISTSERV will also insert mail headers at the beginning of the mail
body. This option is useful for users of some PC based mail
     packages which do not display this information from the real mail
headers.
CONCEAL | NOCONCEAL
     Indicates whether or not you want your name and mail address to
appear in the display of list members which is given in response to
     a REView command. The default is NOCONCEAL. Note that a complete
list of members is always given to list owners and
     LISTSERV administrators regardless of this option.

The following are examples of Listserv users. Some of the information is
in the paragraphs above, but the rest is on the Web page listed. Please
refer to this web page for more in-depth descriptions.
 Examples

You wish to subscribe to the EARNEWS list at the node FRMOP11. Your full
name is Mark P. Waugh. Send the following command to
LISTSERV(--nospam--at)FRMOP11.CNUSC.FR (or LISTSERV@FRMOP11.BITNET):

SUBSCRIBE EARNEWS Mark P. Waugh

You wish to leave the INFO-MAC mailing list (to which you have already
subscribed) at the node CEARN. The command:

UNSUBSCRIBE INFO-MAC

should be sent to the LISTSERV server at CEARN which manages the
INFO-MAC list. To leave all the LISTSERV lists you belong to
throughout the network, send the following command to your nearest (or
any) LISTSERV:

UNSUBSCRIBE * (NETWIDE

You wish to receive a listing of all mailing lists that have the text
europe in their name or title. Send the following command to your
nearest
(or any) LISTSERV server:

LIST GLOBAL EUROPE

You want to stop receiving mail from all the lists at SEARN to which you
belong. Send the following command to the LISTSERV server at
SEARN:

SET * NOMAIL

You have received a message from the LISTSERV server at IRLEARN asking
you to confirm your subscription to the EARN-UG list.
Send the following command to that server:

CONFIRM EARN-UG

You wish to receive a listing of the files in the DOC FILELIST. Send the
following command to the LISTSERV server at EARNCC where
this filelist is located. This is the same as issuing a GET DOC FILELIST
command.

INDEX DOC

You wish to retrieve the file PCPROG ZIP from a filelist, in XXE file
format. Send the following command to the LISTSERV server that
holds this file:

GET PCPROG ZIP F=XXE