Re: [SEAOC] RE: Cost of building codes

I doubt whether a national building code would refer to a "regional" document
such as the SEAOC Blue Book, but I do support the idea of referring to the
standard national codes for concrete, steel, aluminum, wood, and masonry.
Perhaps a supplement to the code could be produced which would have the basic
specifications for these materials bound together, for those who do not wish
to purchase them separately.  But I don't like the current method of rewriting
and reorganizing existing national codes for incorporation into UBC, etc.  I
should be able to get familiar with one national code for a material and only
have to note any exceptions/additions in the building code.