Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: Blue Book[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: Blue Book
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 16:46:17 +0500
>The Blue Book is no longer regional. It has been incorporated into the latest BOCA code giving it coverage in over half the states. The fact is that the Blue Book is designed to be a national document and always has been. I didn't mean to imply that the information in the Blue Book is not nationally used via incorporation into national building codes. But the Blue Book itself is not typically purchased by engineers as extensively as the "national codes". Thus it makes sense to keep the seismic provisions within the text of the code rather than covering provisions by reference to the Blue Book. ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: Are Fossil Mushrooms
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] RE: bust'em or not
- Previous by thread: Re: [SEAOC] Tiltup Retrofit Anchors
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Struc. observation soon required in ventura co.