[SEAOC] Flexibility of metal deck

We are peer reviewing a building design.  The designer maintains that ALL
metal decks are "flexible."  We have heard this before, mostly from
greybeards.

Our position is that, in fact, a metal deck can be quite rigid (either by the
TM 5-809-10 definition, or by the 1994 UBC 1628.5 definition) and, if it is,
should be analyzed as rigid.

Do YOU consider ALL metal decks to be "flexible", regardless of weld pattern,
number of spans, diaphragm configuration, bracing location, etc.?