Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: [SEAOC] L.A. Building Code[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: [SEAOC] L.A. Building Code
- From: Javalo(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 00:21:57 -0500
The 1976 LA Bldg Code (similar to the 1976 UBC) was the first edition to use the 0.186 coefficient,that is ,when CS was specified as 0.14 max.The prior 1972 LA edition utilized the 0.133 coefficient when S was not in the formula and C was equal to 0.1 max. Insofar as the Cp factor,the 1979 UBC code was first to use 0.3 however the 1980 LA code still specified 0.2 Cp.Due to a change in format ,whereby LA modeled its code after the UBC with modifications,the next official LA Bldg Code wasn't published until 1985 which included the 0.3 Cp factor. Ricardo Arevalo S.E. ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] L.A. Building Code
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] L.A. Building Code -Reply
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] L.A. Building Code
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] L.A. Building Code -Reply