Re: [SEAOC] storage tanks

>If anyone could give me some information on the design of steel silos or
>storage tanks, I would appreciate it.

Chris,

To determine loadings, a very good resource is Concrete Engineering by
Fintel. (I know. These are steel.<g>) I have designed a number of grain silos
and the loading between steel and concrete varies only in the different
coefficient of friction between the two.

The chapter in the book was written by Sako Safarian who hails from Denver,
CO.

Mark Deardorff, SE