Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] re: Storage tanks[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaosc <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: [SEAOC] re: Storage tanks
- From: Aswin Rangaswamy <76142.1146(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
- Date: 04 Mar 96 15:30:10 EST
> >If anyone could give me some information on the design of steel silos or >storage tanks, I would appreciate it. > > >Thanks, > >Chris Towne >Virginia Tech >ctowne(--nospam--at)vt.edu > =============================================================== Hi there: API 650 ( American Petroleum Institute )is a standard for "Welded Steel tanks for Oil Storage". This is an excellent standard and also gives a detailed procedure for Seismic Design of storage tanks. Also API has a standard # 620 for "Design and Construction of Large, Welded, Low-pressure Storage Tanks. Another excellent book would be " Structural Engineering Handbook " by Gaylord and Gaylord. There is a chapter on steel tanks in this book and this book references the above API standards and a few other ones. Good Luck ! Aswin Rangaswamy Assoc. Engineer Hess Engineering ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: Seismic Design versus Wind Design in Wood
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: suscribe-- another point of view
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Storage tanks
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] RE: 94 UBC