Re: [SEAOC] storage tanks

>On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, chris towne wrote:
>
>> If anyone could give me some information on the design of steel silos or
>> storage tanks, I would appreciate it.

Steel silos are sometimes used for agriculture storage (e.i. grains). If you
are intersted in the design of a silo for this type of product, you might
consider going to the VPI library and look for the newest American Society of
Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) Book of Standards.  There should be an
Engineering Practice that will help you out.  If you cannot find a copy of
the ASAE Book of Standards, contact the Biological Systems Engineering
Department in Seitz Hall.  I cannot remember the phone number off the top of
my head, but it shouldn't be too difficult to track down.

Good luck.
Tom Skaggs