[SEAOC] Re: Substitution of OSB for plywood sheathing

Our office has allowed the substitution of an equal thickness of APA
rated OSB (oriented strand board) for Struc I plywood.  We are thinking
of doing the same thing for roof and floor sheathing.  Does anyone know
of any good reasons why we should not allow a straight across
substitution of equal thickness OSB for Struc I plywood for wall
sheathing, floor sheathing, or roof sheathing?  I've heard that OSB does
not do well in standing water, but other than that, I don't have any
reasons to deny the substitution.
Thanks

Lynn