Re: [SEAOC] Re: Substitution of OSB for plywood sheathing

Michael:
Thanks for your reply.  Your comments confirm most of what I have heard
before.  I have talked to the APA people, and their comment is that it
performs well expect for when it is left in standing water.  For roof
sheathing that has a good slope to it, they say it should be fine.  The
water will not remain standing long enough during construction to do
damage to the roof sheathing.  However in a floor situation, a rain
storm during construction could do damage if the water is not allowed to
drain off quickly.
I will have to check into the allowable shear values, we have the ICBO's
here in our office, and for some reason I was thinking their allowable
shear values are nearly identical.
Again, thanks for you comments.

Lynn