Re: [SEAOC] Re: Substitution of OSB for plywood sheathing

John-
Well, I don't pretend to know much about hurricanes, as most of our
design work is done in the Western US.  But, except for during
construction, the roof sheathing around here remains dry.  And if the
roof has a decent pitch to it, even if it does rain, it won't stay wet
long enough to do damage.
I am assuming from your statements that during a hurricane, the roofing
material is blown off a roof.  Around these parts we really don't have
that problem.  Maybe your local codes should think about better
attachment of your roofing material so it doesn't blow off.
Anyway, I assume from your comments that it was the glue that failed due
to sustained excessive moisture.  That is the one common concern I have
heard from most people about this product.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Lynn