Special Concentrically Braced Frames

Is the ListServer not reaching me or is it just that everybody has been real
quiet the last few days?

Here's a trivia question:  In UBC Section 2211.9.3.3, gusset plates at the
ends of special braced frames are required to be stronger in flexure than the
brace.  An exception is "where the out-of-plane buckling strength of the
brace is less than the in-plane buckling strength and the brace terminates on
a single gusset plate connection with a setback of two times the gusset
thickness from a line about which the gusset plate may bend unrestrained by
the column or beams joints" and so on.  What does this exception mean and
why?  Specifically, what is the purpose of the setback of two times the
gusset thickness and is this a minimum or maximum setback?  And am I supposed
to understand this? (My apologies to whoever, or whomever,  wrote this
section of the code--I did go to school and studied real hard, but I still
don't understand. English grammar wasn't my best subject.)

Thanks.  Carl Sramek