Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAOC(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96
- From: FredT5(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 12:52:44 -0500
After four hours of testimony at its March 14, 1996 meeting, the Seismic Safety Commission unanimously passed a motion as paraphrased below: The Seismic Safety Commission endorses the concept of multi-disciplinary teams in OSHPD's reorganization plan and, since the plan is still evolving, and requests that OSHPD: a) Address and incorporate SEAOC's March 13, 1996 recommendations into OSHPD's refined plan as follows: 1. Detailed plan reviews of every project, as well as construction oversight, should continue to be conducted by experienced Structural Engineers. 2. The timing and frequency of site visits should be at the discretion of the OSHPD Structural Engineer. The construction support by structural enginers should continue at a level equivalent to that which has been provided in the most recent past. 3. The structural engineer plan reviewer, or a designated structural engineering peer review panel, should retain authority for resolving technical differences. Technical structural safety decisions should be under the jurisdiction of a Structural Engineer. b) Seek an independent legal opinion as to whether or not the plan complies with all applicable laws and regulations; and c) Obtain a report from the Hospital Building Safety Board that: 1. Summarizes its review and approval of OSHPD's plan and procedures, 2. Ensures the purity of structural review, and 3. Ensures that technical supervision within OSHPD is adequately delineated in the plan. ...
- Prev by Subject: RE: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96
- Next by Subject: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96
- Previous by thread: Special Concentrically Braced Frames
- Next by thread: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96