Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96
- From: FredT5(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 12:46:45 -0500
Dear Shafat: Sorry that my summary wasn't clear. The item a) "clip" you inquired about included an 'as follows:' after which I listed SEAOC's three recommendations verbatim: 1. Detailed plan reviews of every project, as well as construction oversight, should continue to be conducted by experienced Structural Engineers. 2. The timing and frequency of site visits should be at the discretion of the OSHPD Structural Engineer. The construction support by structural enginers should continue at a level equivalent to that which has been provided in the most recent past. 3. The structural engineer plan reviewer, or a designated structural engineering peer review panel, should retain authority for resolving technical differences. Technical structural safety decisions should be under the jurisdiction of a Structural Engineer. This is from a 3/13/96 letter the SEAOC Board had directed President Maryann Phipps to write after a preliminary briefing before the Board at its January meeting. The Seismic Safety Commission added items b) and c) beyond SEAOC's recommendations as further requests to OSHPD as part of its conditional endorsement of OSHPD's reorganization. ...
- Prev by Subject: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] other Listserves
- Previous by thread: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Anchors for Concrete Tilt-Ups