Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org, seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96
- From: David Owens <dtowens(--nospam--at)cogent.net>
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 19:25:00 -0800
Sorry guys, but what is this? Perhaps you can enlighten us non-members. For example, what do you mean by construction oversight? Is this structural observation? How does it fit in with the Engineer of Record? What is construction support? The plan reviewer is a bureaucrat. The Engineer of Record should resolve jobsite problems. You guys are free to write blue books, but please stay in the office. David Owens Senior Construction Inspector City of Los Angeles Deputy Inspector, Structural Steel At 12:46 PM 3/19/96 -0500, FredT5(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote: >Dear Shafat: > >Sorry that my summary wasn't clear. The item a) "clip" you inquired about >included an 'as follows:' after which I listed SEAOC's three recommendations >verbatim: > >1. Detailed plan reviews of every project, as well as construction oversight, >should continue to be conducted by experienced Structural Engineers. > >2. The timing and frequency of site visits should be at the discretion of the >OSHPD Structural Engineer. The construction support by structural enginers >should continue at a level equivalent to that which has been provided in the >most recent past. > >3. The structural engineer plan reviewer, or a designated structural >engineering peer review panel, should retain authority for resolving >technical differences. Technical structural safety decisions should be under >the jurisdiction of a Structural Engineer. > >This is from a 3/13/96 letter the SEAOC Board had directed President Maryann >Phipps to write after a preliminary briefing before the Board at its January >meeting. The Seismic Safety Commission added items b) and c) beyond SEAOC's >recommendations as further requests to OSHPD as part of its conditional >endorsement of OSHPD's reorganization. > >... > > ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] office boys
- Next by Subject: RE: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] stadium live loads
- Next by thread: RE: RE: [SEAOC] OSHPD Reorg & Seis Safety Commission Action 3/14/96