Re: [SEAOC] Glazing support

TanerJ(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> Any suggestions which printed source(s) will provide recommendations for
> deflection criteria applicable to elements supporting glazing?  Deflection
> criteria for wind loading would be particularly interesting.
>
> Thanks,
> JT

I have tried to limit story drift where large glass store-front and
glass walls (custom homes) are desired, to 0.0025h. I know that this is
twice as stiff as code allows, but since there is virtually no room for
flexibility in large glass panels I felt that less damage would incur in
a stiffer system. I am not as concerned where smaller windows are used -
such as in most residential. Here I design for 0.005h deflection (story
drift).
Hope this helps

Dennis Wish PE