[SEAOC] Clevises and Tie Rods

I am looking for information on clevises,  I currently have to design some
large canopies which will be supported by tie rods.  AISC on page 4-148 of
the steel manual talks about clevises, clevises size, pin sizes, safe working
loads when using the largest pin size for any given clevise.

Does anyone know of a reference source which lists clevis design properties
when using different pin sizes and grip width for a given clevise size.
 Hopefully it would include information about allowable loads for the various
pin sizes so pin bending does not need to be checked.  I would think that
there must be some sort of manufacturer's design manual available.

Michael Cochran
Brian L. Cochran Associates
Los Angeles,  CA
BCASE1356(--nospam--at)aol.com