Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Steel Moment Connections with Cover Plates[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] Steel Moment Connections with Cover Plates
- From: tarek(--nospam--at)deltanet.com (tarek)
- Date: Wed, 27 Mar 96 11:26:15 -0800
This question is in regard to steel moment connections with cover plates. Most of the test conditions and published results (i.e FEMA guidelines) that I have seen have a continuous column with a beam butting against it. If a beam is continuous over the column is it necessary to use cover plates on the beam? And if so, does this effectively shift the plastic hinge away from the connection. Another scenario is to place cover plates at the column flanges instead of beam flanges. Does this strengthen or adversely undermine the column connection? Anthony ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Steel frame design
- Next by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] Steel Moment Connections with Cover Plates
- Previous by thread: Re: [SEAOC] Viscoelastic and Friction Dampers
- Next by thread: Re: [SEAOC] Steel Moment Connections with Cover Plates