Re: [SEAOC] Viscoelastic and Friction Dampers

In a message dated 96-03-27 09:53:06 EST, I wrote:

>Suggest that you get from ATC the "Proceedings of Seminar on seismic
>isolation, passive energy dissipation, and active control" (ATC 17-1) as a
>starting point.  Many other papers can be found in the references of papers.

Here are additional information hopefully can help more.  Many ATC
publications can be obtained free of charge from FEMA, if they were funded by
FEMA and published also as FEMA publications.  List of FEMA publications I
believe can be accessed thru internet.

Otherwise, call ATC (ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY COUNCIL, 3 TWIN DOLPHIN DR. STE 275,
REDWOOD CITY, CA 94065) at 415-595-1542, or fax 415-593-2320.

I don't know if ATC is on the net.

Y. Henry Huang, Los Angeles