Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Shafat: MS Mail Users please read this[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] Shafat: MS Mail Users please read this
- From: seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org (Shafat Qazi)
- Date: Thu, 4 Apr 96 09:56 PST
If you are using MS Mail to read mail from the list, please note that when you reply to the list, the very-poorly designed MS Mail interface will read the address from the "Return-Path:" header rather than the "From:" header. This results in mail being sent to the owner-listname address for this list rather than to the list. If you use MS Mail, you must MANUALLY ensure that replies to list mail go to the list rather than to the owner-listname address. If you don't, your mail causes an error and is dumped into my trash because I don't have time to readdress it for you. Sorry. The only good thing is that this is fixed in MS Exchange, which of course has its own problems...:) Shafat ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] senme information
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Simpson Hold Down connections
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Construction Innovations
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Test message 2 Please DELETE