Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?

I am also interested in the response as to the extent ASD and LRFD are being
used.  My blue LRFD book that I bought quite a few years ago is collecting
dust.  Nobody in our office (about 16 structural-type engineers) is using
LRFD yet.  The reason:  I don't know (maybe they are too busy being
productive)?  My personal reason:  Until LRFD load factors match the Strength
load factors, I don't want any part of the confusion of carrying through
three sets of numbers for every calculation:  (one set for the steel frame,
one set for the concrete foundation, and one set for the soil bearing).
 Blame it on the concrete people for not compromising and using the same load
factors as for steel, if you want, but they were there first.

Carl Sramek