Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?
- From: MDear885(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 05:15:39 -0400
In a message dated 96-04-09 01:12:29 EDT, you write: >I am not quite sure if there is >a benefit is switching? > > Shafat, We have been using LRFD since its inception. It yields lighter designs on office floors. It really isn't *that* different from ASD other than the factors and under capacity factors. The formulae are very similar, usually differing by factors rather than form. The software I have written for internal use is all LRFD. RamSteel also has LRFD as an option. Mark ...
- Prev by Subject: RE: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?
- Next by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?
- Previous by thread: Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?
- Next by thread: Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?