Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?

>I am not quite sure if there is
>a benefit is switching?

Shafat,

We have been using LRFD since its inception. It yields lighter designs on
office floors. It really isn't *that* different from ASD other than the
factors and under capacity factors. The formulae are very similar, usually
differing by factors rather than form. The software I have written for
internal use is all LRFD. RamSteel also has LRFD as an option.

Mark