Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?

My office still only uses ASD - mainly because of lack of time and interest in
learning LRFD;  but I also prefer ASD because I like to know the level of real
stress relative to yield strength and I am often just as concerned with
serviceability/ deflection control (for industrial structures) as I am about
strength.

Although I do use load factor design for new concrete structures, I often
revert to working stress analysis for existing structures, to have a better
feel for real stress relative to yield capacity.  I only learned ultimate
strength design for concrete in college, but I learned working stress design
"on the job".  I think college graduates are better off still having knowledge
of ASD methods.