Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?

BRBATES(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> Question for anyone who's interested:
>
> Are you using ASD or LRFD (or something else) for steel design, and why?
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce Bates
> RISA technologies
All of our EITs use LRFD, and all of our PEs use ASD.  Obviously, it is
related to our education and, therefore, to our age.  All of us use USD
for concrete, however, including those of us who were taught WSD.  Maybe
we will all use LRFD in twenty years or so.  In the meantime, don't
spend your time adding LRFD to RISA2D and RISA3D.  Instead, we need
you to add the plate and shell finite elements that were promised long
ago.  This will greatly enhance these fine programs.