Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?

(The 1995 edition of ACI-318 has a new chapter for use when designing
'composite'
structures.  Specifically, when designing a structure with both steel and
concrete,
the new ACI-318 allows the use of revised Strength Reduction Factors (phi) so
that the
AISC Load Factors can be used for the design of both the steel AND the
concrete.

-Lew)

Thanks for the information.  It seems that ACI is breaking down a little.
 I'll have to take a peek when the new ACI code shows up in our office.

Carl Sramek