Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Virus warning - pkzip300[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Virus warning - pkzip300
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 10:16:47 +0500
I just received a warning of a virus as follows: "A new Trojan horse virus has emerged on the Internet with the name PKZIP300.ZIP, so named as to give the impression that this file is a new version of the PKZIP software used to ZIP (compress) files. Do not download this file under any circumstances! If you install or expand this file the virus will wipe your hard disk and effect modems at 14.4 and higher. This is an extremely destructive virus and there is not yet a way of cleaning up this one. Repeat: Do not download any file with the PKZIP300.-- regardless of the extension. The current information that we have regarding the PK virus is the following: The PKware bbs has the following message in their logon banner: Do not trust or use ANY other version of PKZIP other than 1.10, 1.93,2.04c, 2.04e,or 2.04g. All other versions currently circulating on BBS's are hacks or fakes." ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Vibrational ANalysis of Structures!
- Next by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] Virus warning - pkzip300
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] LA Position on SMRF
- Next by thread: Re: [SEAOC] Virus warning - pkzip300