Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: [SEAOC] Virus warning - pkzip300[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: [SEAOC] Virus warning - pkzip300
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 10:52:29 +0500
>If the virus is touted to be a self-extracting copy of PKZip, it could in fact be a virus named something like PKZ003.exe. This is, in fact, an executable file that can contain an infected virus.< This is correct. To expand on information I received on this virus: "PKZ300B.EXE appears to be a self extracting archive, but actually attempts to format your hard drive. PKZ300B.ZIP is an archive, but the extracted executable also attempts to format your hard drive." ...
- Prev by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] Virus warning - pkzip300
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Viscoelastic and Friction Dampers
- Previous by thread: Re: [SEAOC] Virus warning - pkzip300
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Light guage framing