Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] PKZIP Trojan Horse[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] PKZIP Trojan Horse
- From: jlord(--nospam--at)ruthchek.com
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 8:29:29 -0800
- >from: jlord(--nospam--at)ruthchek.com
Do not assume that a good virus checker will always save the day!!! Try this: 1. Change the name of format.com to game.com 2. include instructions with the file that "this is a self extracting file. Just tell it where you want it to expand, i.e. game.com c:" 3. Follow the instructions. The name of the game is rebuild your hard drive. If you run a virus checker on this program, it won't say anything! Of course not! It is regular program that does what it is supposed to do, but has been pawned off as something else -- a Trojan Horse. James Lord, S.E. ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] PERFECT FOR 1990s PROJECTS...
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] plan check engineer wanted
- Previous by thread: Re: [SEAOC] Concrete Dilema
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Integral Abutment Bridges