[SEAOC] Integral Abutment Bridges

Hello,

In Ontario, Canada, the use of Integral Abutment Bridges is becoming a
standard. Basically, we design bridges with integral abutments unless we can
show why we should not use them.  I have many standard design articles on
the design of Integral Abutment Bridges, however, I do not have many that
are good.  Most of the articles are very general.

If you are aware of any good technical articles on the subject, please send
the information on the reference to me.  I am also looking for any articles,
technical or general, that deal with the performance of integral abutment
bridges juring earthquakes.

Thanks,

Todd
*							*
*	C. Todd Springer, B.A.Sc, P.Eng.		*
*	Project Engineer (Structural)			*
*							*
*							*
* HOME:	101 Waller Street				*
*	Whitby, Ontario					*
*	L1R 2K7, Canada					*
*							*
*	Phone:	(905) 728-0872				*
*	Fax:	(905) 728-0872				*
*	EMail:	CTS(--nospam--at)INTERLOG.COM			*
*							*
* WORK:	Totten Sims Hubicki Associates (1991) Limited	*
*	Engineers, Architects and Planners		*
*	300 Water Street				*
*	Whitby, Ontario					*
*	L1N 9J2, Canada					*
*							*
*	Phone:	(905) 668-9363, ext. 215		*
*	Fax:	(905) 668-0221				*
*	EMail:	TSH(--nospam--at)IDIRECT.COM   - shared address	*
*							*