Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] insurance company work[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] insurance company work
- From: HARRISENGR(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 11:15:22 -0400
I have recently had two requests for an engineer to come out to the homeowners house and complete an insurance company ( American Standard Ins ? ) form about cripple walls, anchor bolts, soft story garage, etc.. If this was not done , the insurance company was going to double the earthquake coverage rate. Unfortunately, when i gave the fee for two to three hours ( one driving , one on site ) i never heard back, even though this is less than the increase for only one year. Does anyone have more information on this subject such as what companies are doing this, how long, will this become standard, etc Tom Harris , SE3803 Thousand Oaks, CA ...
- Prev by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] Instrumentation of bridges for impact tests!
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Integral Abutment Bridges
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] plan check engineer wanted
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] ????metal deck conn for out of plane loading????