[SEAOC] Bridge on Fire

I work for an engineering consulting firm in Ontario, Canada.  I need
information on evaluating structures, specifically bridges, that are exposed
to intense heat from a fire.

During construction of a bridge that my firm designed, the formwork between
two girders caught on fire.  Don't ask me how!

The bridge consists of the following:

-	Single 29.3 m span
-	AASHTO IV (MOD.) precast prestressed concrete girders
-	225 mm composite deck

The fire damage consists of the following:

-	25 mm+/- spalling of the 150 mm web of the concrete girders
	the epoxy coated rebar one one side of the web was exposed
	however, based on a visual inspection, does not appear to be damaged

As the damage does not appear to be extensive, my firm has to evaluate and
repair the structure.  Please provide any information on the above.

Thank you,

C. Todd Springer, B.A.Sc, P.Eng.
*							*
*	C. Todd Springer, B.A.Sc, P.Eng.		*
*	Project Engineer (Structural)			*
*							*
*							*
* HOME:	101 Waller Street				*
*	Whitby, Ontario					*
*	L1R 2K7, Canada					*
*							*
*	Phone:	(905) 728-0872				*
*	Fax:	(905) 728-0872				*
*	EMail:	CTS(--nospam--at)INTERLOG.COM			*
*							*
* WORK:	Totten Sims Hubicki Associates (1991) Limited	*
*	Engineers, Architects and Planners		*
*	300 Water Street				*
*	Whitby, Ontario					*
*	L1N 9J2, Canada					*
*							*
*	Phone:	(905) 668-9363, ext. 215		*
*	Fax:	(905) 668-0221				*
*	EMail:	TSH(--nospam--at)IDIRECT.COM   - shared address	*
*							*