Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Computer Modeling LRFD[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAOC(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] Computer Modeling LRFD
- From: "Hunt, Tom" <tom.hunt(--nospam--at)fluordaniel.com>
- Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 07:15:00 -0800
Back to the question that Bruce Bates started about LRFD vs ASD, I remember attending an AISC seminar by Ron Becker who talked about correct LRFD computer modeling for full 3-D analysis. He described having to have "two" computer models; one for the "real" structure and another model for the addition of "fictitious columns" in order to get the correct factors for second order effects (B1, B2, Pu, Pn, etc.). Can one of the LRFD gurus explain this problem and any work arounds other than running a full P-Delta analysis. Do any of the major computer programs (STAAD III, GT-STRUTL, SAP90/ETABS, etc.) handle this correctly especially for significant horizontal loading. Thomas Hunt ...
- Prev by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] Computer Applications
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Computer Shutdown Software?
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] line
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Pushover Analysis